You’ve made a mistake. It was the single most regrettable thing you have done in your life, and its consequences have been brutal.
You have broken your husband’s heart.
You know that and wish you could make it right.
You know he still loves you, but how do you win back your husband after an affair?
An affair can be the single most devastating occurrence in a marriage. It symbolizes betrayal of trust and is agonizing for the faithful partner.
No matter how horrible the situation may feel, there is still hope if you want to know how to win back your husband after an affair.
In the 21st Century, more and more women are becoming independent from their partners. This can lead to affairs with other men.
However, whatever the situation may be, cheating on your partner causes such emotional pain that you should not expect forgiveness immediately or repeatedly.
Related: Infidelity Statistics – Cheating in Relationships Exposed
If you want to know how to win back your husband, acknowledge that the affair was a mistake you will never repeat.
If you know that you’ve made a mistake and are serious about asking forgiveness, there is still a way for you to win back your husband after an affair.
This will require persistence and patience since you cannot expect your partner to forgive you immediately.
1. Think About Your Actions – Before asking your husband to take you back, reflect on why you had an affair. Was it a mistake that you would never commit again?
Or have you developed feelings for the other person? Before asking your husband for a second chance, make sure you won’t hurt him again by falling into temptation the second time.
2. Accept that His Forgiveness Won’t Come Overnight – No matter how much you want your husband to forgive you, remember that an affair isn’t like any other mistake you’ve made. Getting back with your husband will require a strong commitment and patience to convince your partner that you’re genuinely sorry about what you did and will never make that mistake again.
Trust can be one of the hardest things to rebuild, and you may have to deal with situations in which your husband will doubt you or possibly even accuse you of things you did not do. Have patience with him and understand where the distrust is coming from. Let him see that you’ve only committed one mistake and are determined never to make it again.
3. Say Sorry – Some women can feel too guilty that they forget to say the words that matter. Saying “I’m sorry” sincerely is the first step when you need to know how to win back your husband after an affair.
Be genuine and let him know that you never intended to hurt him. Once you’ve had a sincere talk where you’ve voiced your apologies, there’s no need to repeat it over and over again since this will remind him of the painful event that transpired.
4. Don’t Put the Blame On Him – An affair can often be triggered because of a deficit within your marriage. But whatever shortcoming your husband may have is still no excuse to have an affair.
When talking with your husband, be sure never to blame him. This will put him on the defensive and thus will make him even less willing to hear you out, let alone forgive you.
5. Reassure Him He’s The One You Love – People whose partners have cheated on them often have a bad case of insecurity and low self-esteem. They will start to wonder what’s wrong with them and what’s lacking in them. If you want to know how to win back your husband after an affair, reassure him that he’s the only one you love and that he is very special to you.
Let him know how much you care for him, not only in words but also in action. Be sure to put his needs first before yours. Above all, be consistent with your actions.
It can be long and arduous, requiring patience, commitment, and understanding. But If you want to learn how to save your marriage today, you need to have all of these in abundance to repair the damage.
If you truly love your husband and know in your heart the mistake you made, then it won’t be difficult to show him how much you care and how sorry you are for having an affair.
Related: 42 Getting Back with your Ex Statistics
Over time, he will forgive you, and you can start over, but he needs time.