As a relationship professional, I’m familiar with the major theories about saving a broken marriage.
They mainly center on improving communication.
But what if that’s not the best way?
What if everyone – including most professionals – have been focusing on the wrong thing?
The Save the Marriage System says improved communication is NOT the key to saving a troubled marriage.
In fact, no matter how bad your marriage is, the communication is probably working just great.
But perception makes a difference:
Clear communication evolves from accurate perception. – Dr. Lee Baucom
You can communicate with each other as much as you want, in a bad or in a good way.
If your partner does not understand what you are trying to communicate and the other way round, all you do is wasting your time.
Now that we’ve scratched the surface a little bit, let’s get started with my Save The Marriage review:
What is the Save the Marriage System?
The Save the Marriage System is a comprehensive bundle of written and audio material designed to save any marriage, no matter how hopeless it may seem.
The entire course is created by Dr. Lee Baucom, a marriage and family therapist with over 22 years of experience.
Much like how I wouldn’t trust a Nutritionist who was overweight or smoked cigarettes, I’m also not really interested in the advice of a marriage expert who is single.
Fortunately, Dr. Baucom has been married for 22 years and has two children.
Of course, one man’s personal experience might not translate well to others, so I was reassured to see he also holds two Master’s degrees and a Ph.D. related to family and marriage counseling.
The complete Save the Marriage system includes:
- Four modules of written information including the core e-book “Save the Marriage”
- Two bonus e-books
- Two bonus audio books
If that sounds like a lot of material to wade through, don’t worry.
The entire system is explained very clearly in the 159 page core e-book “Save the Marriage”
The other materials can really be considered supplements which expand upon the main ideas.
The writing is lively and fun. Despite all those degrees, Dr. Lee Baucom isn’t some stuffy academic – he uses real world examples which are easy to relate to.
The material is written in a results-orientated way which can be quickly understood.
If you want to find out what exactly it is you need to do and where to start to save your marriage then watch the welcome video by clicking the button below:
Now, before I go into the very details of the Save The Marriage System, let’s find out if this course is a good fit for you.
Is This the Right Solution for You?
The Save the Marriage System says they can fix any marriage – but there’s one important exception.
Dr. Baucom stresses this isn’t to be used by anyone in an abusive relationship.
That’s not the type of marriage you should try to save. Rather, getting to safety is the only correct course of action.
But otherwise, the information in the system is for any type of marriage:
- Spouses who no longer live together
- who live together as “roommates”
- who are on the brink of divorce or any other extreme situation can still use this course successfully.
One very important thing:
This course works even if only one person is interested in saving the marriage.
Your spouse could have completely checked out emotionally and this course can still improve your marriage.
This is because marriage isn’t just two separate individuals. Marriage is a system.
As Dr. Baucom points out, when you change any part of a system, the rest of the system will be impacted as well.
Let’s dive into the course:
What’s in the Save the Marriage Program and How does it Work?
Save The Marriage is not something you just read and listen to.
Instead, it’s like a conversation with Dr. Baucom.
There are a variety of actions you’ll take, questions you’ll need to answer and ideas you’ll need to contemplate.
You’re encouraged to actually jot down your thoughts right in the book as you read.
This course is much more interactive than simply reading a book. It’s more like a custom relationship workshop.
The core e-book contains 17 main chapters and a variety of additional materials such as worksheets and supplemental chapters which go into greater detail on specific topics. Basically, the system can be divided into three sections:
- Why traditional couple’s therapy has such a high rate of failure and what makes the Save the Marriage system different.
- How to create a new way of seeing your marriage – one where the focus is on “WE” instead of “YOU and ME.”
- Chapters detailing how to apply this new model of marriage to various “marriage hot spots” such as emotional growth, finances and sex.
1. Why Traditional Couples Therapy Fails
As a relationship expert, I regretfully have to admit this is true. Couples therapy has a pretty low success rate. Dr. Baucom explains why:
Lack of communication isn’t the problem. Lack of accurate perception is.
A couple in a troubled marriage is communicating about issues just fine – they’re just not seeing the issues in the same way.
Traditional therapy places too much emphasis on communication. By focusing on correcting misperception, this course provides a whole new framework to approach fixing a marriage.
2. The Focus on WE
There’s a common problem in almost every troubled marriage. The two individuals involved think of themselves as just that – individuals.
As Dr. Baucom explains, individuals start to keep a ledger.
What are they contributing to the marriage?
What are they getting back in return?
There’s no way the ledger will ever be equal, so if you think of marriage this way you’re always going to be unsatisfied.
You’ll either feel you’re doing too much in the relationship or you don’t have enough say in the relationship.
The course uses clear language to guide you out of the “You/Me Trap” and instead create a marriage based around “We.”
3. Marriage Trouble Zones
Once you understand how to think in terms of WE instead of YOU/ME there is still work to be done.
The e-book is divided into many chapters which detail specific, common martial problems.
- Chapter 15 “Sex is about WE”
- Chapter 16 “Money, Power and WE”
- Chapter 17 “Don’t Just Grow; EVOLVE!”
At the end of each chapter there are sections with practice lessons and other informative activities.
What You Get
I’ll be honest…
…listing everything included, makes me laugh a little. There’s just so much information!
But the funny thing is, it’s all so clear and easy to read/listen to that I had no idea I was absorbing so much info so quickly.
The four main modules are all written materials:
- “The Top Five Things NOT to do When Your Partner Wants Out” – e-report
- “Quick-Start Guide to Saving Your Marriage” – e-report
- “Down-N-Dirty Guide to Saving Your Marriage” – e-report
- “Save the Marriage” – e-book (This is THE REAL GOOD STUFF – the core of the entire system!)
You also get four bonuses:
- “Coping with a MidLife Marriage Crisis” – Audio course in MP3 format
- “Recovering from an Affair” – Audio course in MP3 format
- “5 Rules for Fair Fighting” – e-report
- “Change of Heart” – bonus e-book by Paul and Jennifer Thibeault
Is ‘Save The Marriage’ Good Value for Money?
Couples therapy costs upwards of $100 an hour, and the success rate hovers around 20%.
The Save the Marriage system boasts a success rate of 89.7% (based on surveys).
Even better, Save the Marriage is only a fraction of the cost of traditional therapy.
It’s only $47.
This includes a 100% unconditional 60 day money back guarantee. If you wanted, you could read the e-books every day for two months and still return them with no questions asked.
I’m not sure what sense this makes as a business model but it’s great for us customers.
I also have a little secret I’d like to share…
…you can get the whole system for just $1.
After you visit the Save the Marriage System homepage, simply close the tab.
You’ll get a special notification where you can buy the entire system for just a buck. It’s really for customers who might not be sure about purchasing the system – but anyone can take advantage of this deal. Just a little trick from me to you.
If you want to get started straight away, click the button below to watch the welcome video:
Or, alternatively, continue reading for my summary and conclusion.
- The information is presented in a clear, engaging way. Don’t get me wrong: The info here is deep stuff, with serious academic study behind it – but you’ll still find it all easy to take in. Dr. Baucom writes for everyday people who want to learn quickly.
- There are plenty of opportunities for action. If you want to save your marriage but aren’t sure what to do and where to start, this course provides clear, specific steps to take.
- This book tells it like it is. There’s no sugarcoating. Fixing a marriage can be hard work and the course doesn’t try to hide that fact. This is real information which you might not always want to hear, but which will get great results.
- Some of the bonus material isn’t really necessary. The core e-book does such a thorough job explaining the concepts sometimes I felt a little too familiar with the bonus material. Still, the information is always pretty interesting, so I didn’t mind too much.
- This program is focused on married couples. After all, it’s right there in the title. But I found much of the course applied to anyone in a long-term, committed relationship – especially two people living together. I feel like unmarried people might accidentally miss out on some good info.
At first, I was a bit skeptical. Much of this course takes traditional couples therapy and completely turns it on its head! But after spending a lot of time with the Save the Marriage system I can confidently say it’s, hands down, one of the best courses to save your marriage you can find online.
If your marriage is in trouble and you’re feeling helpless on where to start and what to do to save your marriage, this course can really help you.
Even if your spouse doesn’t seem interested in repairing your marriage, this course provides clear, actionable tips to fix your broken marriage and rekindle an extinguished love.
But prepare yourself for really hard work on yourself and your marriage. It took a lot of time to get where you are now, so don’t expect an immediate change either.
Just imagine yourself and your spouse in a few months from now and I’m sure you’ll find the motivation to take action.
Visit the official Website: www.SaveTheMarriage.com or click the button below to get started now: